How would you solve this problem?
This is a picture of my front window.
These are my dogs going crazy as another person walks by my front window. If you want the full story, I wrote about it here.
So, now that you have seen and heard the problem, what do you suggest? I am looking for your clever, crafty ideas and help. This is an opportunity to reach out and help your fellow woman in her terrible time of need.
There are a few things you’ll need to know in order to be at your utmost helpful best:
- Newspaper covering the bottom half of the windows works pretty well, but tears easily and is not attractive. Bonus: If I use the Sunday Comics, my windows look funny.
- Heavy white packing paper lasts longer than newspaper, but dog hair gets stuck to it, which makes my windows look like I have carpeted them in factory fur.
- I’ve tried training, screaming, swinging a fly swatter, and running the sprinkler so dogs and their people cross the street instead of walking in front of my window.
- I’ve tried posting a sign that said, “Beware of the wild lurking skunk.” In front of my house.
- I have considered moving. No.
- I have considered giving away my dogs. Maybe.
- Our furniture has been moved into every configuration possible. I have even moved it daily to see if mass confusion would help. Our dogs are not confused. Cole and I bump into each other looking for the couch.
- My mother came up with the really good idea of putting cafe curtains along the bottom windows with a tension rod. The bad part of the idea is that I can’t find cafe curtains to fit. (Are you suggesting I make them? With a needle and thread or a sewing machine? Hear me laughing hysterically.)
If one of my Odd and wonderful friends can help me come up with a workable solution that will bring peace and goodwill back into my living room, I will reward with them with the coolest umbrella ever! Ever! It’s a Woot SENZ Original 30″ Aerodynamic Storm Umbrella. This umbrella deserves a blog post of its own, it’s so cool. Don’t ask me the color until you have helped solve my problem.
Glad you were in my Odd neighborhood. Feel free to hang around with us any time. Odd Loves Company and odd loves you and you and you!! I would love to hear from you in the comment section of this blog, or on Facebook or Twitter!